Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Strengthening a floor

We are pulling out a Jacuzzi brand whirlpool and replacing it with a
Sanijet. According to Jacuzzi, they require floor strength of about 55 lbs
per sq feet. Surprisingly, Sanijet wants 100 lbs per sq feet. I am looking
for ideas on strengthening the floor. I have access from underneath. I
plan on adding an additional piece of sheet rock on top and screwing it to
the joists. Sistering the joists would probably be difficult because a
portion of the floor is cantilevered but I could put in a bunch of blocking
between joists underneath the whirlpool if that would help. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

strengthening timber floor for 350kg weight [email protected] UK diy 8 May 13th 07 02:57 AM
Do I need my loft strengthening? dp UK diy 13 September 29th 06 01:52 PM
3x2 Loft joist strengthening Gaffar UK diy 16 October 3rd 05 01:05 AM
strengthening bracket? Jim UK diy 11 March 24th 05 02:01 PM
Another loft floor strengthening question Zipadee Doodar UK diy 6 December 23rd 04 05:50 PM