Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions

is fine, it fits the dimensions, but our plumber found out that is not
an list of Massachusetts approved list of residential plumbing
fixtures. The sink is sold in MA, it has a distributor in Chicago, yet
we cannot install it.

Is there any way around this? My plumber said he will not install it
if it's not on the list because of the plumbing inspector. ...

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/pb_pre_form.asp

Online search engine for products.

Amazing!!! Makes one glad to not be in the Commonwealth of MA.

Searched and it implies the online list is up-to-date and if it ain't
there, it ain't approved. Didn't see anything about how to request
approval for a nonlisted device...

And, of course, the plumber assuming he is licensed can't afford to
violate local Code/regulation so can't blame him...

Still hard to understand the disconnect between the list and stocking
distributor -- unless they're doing business out of state at a high
enough level to justify the inventory costs seems like a losing
proposition for them...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message ...

[...]

Say what you will about waterboarding and other forms of torture, but I
think that in this case, it would be appropriate if it would get a few
legislators to explain why they voted for this nonsensical law.

Of course, this being a newsgroup, it's virtually guaranteed that the OP
will ***NOT*** write his elected slob to find out why he/she/it voted for
this.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/pb_pre_form.asp

Online search engine for products.

Amazing!!! Makes one glad to not be in the Commonwealth of MA.

Say what you will about waterboarding and other forms of torture, but I
think that in this case, it would be appropriate if it would get a few
legislators to explain why they voted for this nonsensical law.

Of course, this being a newsgroup, it's virtually guaranteed that the OP
will ***NOT*** write his elected slob to find out why he/she/it voted for
this.

Oh, that's easy -- they're protecting the
environment/consumer/children/constituents/etc./etc./etc. I'd wager OP
particular slob probably wasn't even in office yet when the stuff got
started and it simply fits w/ the general mentality of the area that
somebody has to look out for "everyman".

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Lately, I think "stupid" or "bribed" when politicians do ridiculous things.
I wonder if that sounds cynical.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

[...]

I operate under the "never attribute to malice what can reasonably be
explained by stupidity" or somesuch similar wording...

I really think for the most part they're trying to do "the right thing"
but everything has the law of unforeseen consequences and what starts
out as a simple, relatively rational attempt to do something like
conserve water (I'm thnking of the low-flow fixtures/low-quantity flush)
ends up growing into a multi-headed monster. W/ a detailed history,
wouldn't surprise me at all if that were how this started...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Lately, I think "stupid" or "bribed" when politicians do ridiculous things.
I wonder if that sounds cynical.

Eminently cynical. Also realistic.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

. net...
wrote:

Lately, I think "stupid" or "bribed" when politicians do ridiculous
things.
I wonder if that sounds cynical.

Eminently cynical. Also realistic.

--
Regards,

I mentioned it recently at a town board meeting and was met with a negative
reaction. Not sure why.

Heh. :-)

Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions Chris Friesen Home Repair 8 July 11th 07 01:39 AM
Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions dadiOH Home Repair 0 July 10th 07 04:21 PM
Need Kitchen Sink suggestions ? grinder Home Repair 19 October 21st 06 07:24 PM
Rusty Sink Fixture Chub Home Repair 3 March 11th 06 10:14 PM
kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM