Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions

"dpb" wrote in message ...

is fine, it fits the dimensions, but our plumber found out that is not
an list of Massachusetts approved list of residential plumbing
fixtures. The sink is sold in MA, it has a distributor in Chicago, yet
we cannot install it.

Is there any way around this? My plumber said he will not install it
if it's not on the list because of the plumbing inspector. ...

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/pb_pre_form.asp

Online search engine for products.

Amazing!!! Makes one glad to not be in the Commonwealth of MA.

Searched and it implies the online list is up-to-date and if it ain't
there, it ain't approved. Didn't see anything about how to request
approval for a nonlisted device...

And, of course, the plumber assuming he is licensed can't afford to
violate local Code/regulation so can't blame him...

Still hard to understand the disconnect between the list and stocking
distributor -- unless they're doing business out of state at a high enough
level to justify the inventory costs seems like a losing proposition for
them...

Say what you will about waterboarding and other forms of torture, but I
think that in this case, it would be appropriate if it would get a few
legislators to explain why they voted for this nonsensical law.

Of course, this being a newsgroup, it's virtually guaranteed that the OP
will ***NOT*** write his elected slob to find out why he/she/it voted for
this.