Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home/Yard Repair and Maintanence tools

I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"breaksthenews" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

If the ones your dad has work, get the same type. Get the ones you've used
so far for hte same type of jobs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 10:56 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"breaksthenews" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

If the ones your dad has work, get the same type. Get the ones you've used
so far for hte same type of jobs.

But what sorts of tools are the most common? What will I need the
most? That's the type of advice I'm really looking for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

breaksthenews writes:

I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

Buy as you need.

Always buy the best you can afford,
many of them will be with you the rest of your life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"breaksthenews" wrote in message

But what sorts of tools are the most common? What will I need the
most? That's the type of advice I'm really looking for.

That is the advice I gave you. You've been doing similar work already. What
tools have you used? The most common are hammer, screwdrivers, tape measure
and a drill. Buy good tools, but discount store junk that will beak or do
damage to the material you are working on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
breaksthenews writes:

I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

Buy as you need.

That's good advice and I'll try to add a little. When it comes to power
tools, folks often return them when there is nothing wrong with them. Keep
your eyes open for some nice bargains when you visit Lowe's and places like
that.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Jul 3, 9:53 am, breaksthenews wrote:
I'm in college and about to get my own place. I've been doing basic
home repair and yard maintanence for several years, but using my dad's
tools. What basic tools would you recommend I buy to start my own
collection?

Just get your dad's tools. Parents expect kids to take anything
that's not nailed down. It's a long time tradition and you don't want
to break it. Your kids will probably do the same to you.

KC

#1...Dad's charge card.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes buying in mass quantities is better than waiting till you need
them and buying by the piece. Sears will have great sales near fathers
day on tool kits and you'll need the socket sets and screw drivers that
come in them.

Other things like circular saws, routers etc. you should buy as needed
(harbor freight?)...