Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile grout too light

I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much
lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the grout dust
but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to apply a
sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested a
small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct color
until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how to fix
the situation?

Thanks,
crabshell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 Jul, 00:03, crabshell wrote:
I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much
lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the grout dust
but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to apply a
sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested a
small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct color
until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how to fix
the situation?

Thanks,
crabshell

Something to consider is that the grout is going to get darker over
time. No amount of sealer is going to prevent it from getting dirty
and darker. Depending on how far off it is, you might want to live
with and wait until it darkens on its own.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but it would have taken a lot less
typing to do a Google search on the words "grout stain" or "grout
color" than to post your question.

Sorry, I've got a bad case of the Mondays.

Good Luck! (I mean that.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Does it get darker even when sealed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"crabshell" wrote in message
I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much
lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the
grout dust
but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to
apply a
sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested
small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct
color
until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how
to fix
the situation?

Too much water was used during installation cleanup.

The solution - grout colorant.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote in
:

"crabshell" wrote in message
I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much
lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the
grout dust
but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to
apply a
sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested
small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct
color
until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how
to fix
the situation?

Too much water was used during installation cleanup.

The solution - grout colorant.

Bob

And imagine -- I hired a "professional". That's another reason why DIY
lives on.

Is it OK to Tile and Grout the same day? Eno Case UK diy 17 August 29th 20 02:30 AM
Tile grout TheWanderer Home Repair 6 February 7th 07 03:30 AM
tile grout question SeaKan Home Repair 6 March 15th 06 05:08 PM
grout-only sealant versus tile-and-grout sealant? peter Home Repair 2 May 10th 05 05:13 AM
Is all tile grout waterproof? Mike Hall UK diy 6 March 24th 04 10:06 AM