Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell crabshell is offline

Default Tile grout too light

"Bob F" wrote in
:

"crabshell" wrote in message
I recently had a room tiled using a dark brown grout that is now much
lighter than when first applied. I thought this was due to the
grout dust
but no amount of scrubbing and vacuuming has helped. I'd like to
apply a
sealer but I'm afraid to until the color is fixed. In fact I tested
small area with sealer. The wet sealer turned the grout the correct
color
until it dried. Any thoughts as to why it looks too light and how
to fix
the situation?

Too much water was used during installation cleanup.

The solution - grout colorant.

Bob

And imagine -- I hired a "professional". That's another reason why DIY
lives on.