Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tanking a cellar

I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 20, 12:10 pm, wrote:
I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

What are you talking about? In English, please.

"tank" as a verb might have an idiomatic meaning, like to take
a dive, but to "tank" something, well ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 20, 4:16?pm, wrote:
On Jun 20, 12:10 pm, wrote:

I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

What are you talking about? In English, please.

"tank" as a verb might have an idiomatic meaning, like to take
a dive, but to "tank" something, well ...

you need a good interior and perhaps exterior french drain and work
hard to redirect the water away from your basement

DIY cellar tanking with a membrane system Danny Monaghan UK diy 11 July 7th 06 02:09 PM
Tanking a cellar Andrew Barnes UK diy 13 June 20th 05 11:44 PM
Tanking a cellar Appin UK diy 0 May 6th 05 01:29 PM
winer cellar in house with no cellar Fred UK diy 12 November 24th 04 12:25 AM
Tanking Trevor Smith UK diy 7 December 3rd 03 01:02 AM