DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tanking a cellar (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204298-tanking-cellar.html)

[email protected] June 20th 07 05:10 PM

Tanking a cellar

I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

[email protected] June 20th 07 09:16 PM

Tanking a cellar

On Jun 20, 12:10 pm, wrote:
I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

What are you talking about? In English, please.

"tank" as a verb might have an idiomatic meaning, like to take
a dive, but to "tank" something, well ...

[email protected] June 20th 07 09:44 PM

Tanking a cellar

On Jun 20, 4:16?pm, wrote:
On Jun 20, 12:10 pm, wrote:

I'm interested in a terraced house that has a great cellar but the
floors, walls, are all quite damp. I am considering "Tanking " the
rooms but would like to get an idea of costs before I put an offer in.
The cellar consists of two good sized rooms about 13' x 13' with
stone floors.
has anyone tanked similar rooms and what sort of cost is involved?

Many thanks

Bob

What are you talking about? In English, please.

"tank" as a verb might have an idiomatic meaning, like to take
a dive, but to "tank" something, well ...

you need a good interior and perhaps exterior french drain and work
hard to redirect the water away from your basement