Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag Washing machine won't agitate

My top load washing machine will fill, rinse, spin and drain but won't
agitate Any ideas what may be wrong? We looked on the bottom of the
machine and both belts look intact. We do smell a bad burning odor when
the machine is set to agitate.
thanks for any help
Cindy
Trussville AL
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Dumas wrote:
My top load washing machine will fill, rinse, spin and drain but won't
agitate Any ideas what may be wrong? We looked on the bottom of the
machine and both belts look intact. We do smell a bad burning odor when
the machine is set to agitate.
thanks for any help

Have you called the Maytag repairman? He's not busy.

Ducking and running,

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the washer won't agitate at all, but the motor and belts are turning,
then you may have drive coupling or transmission issues. In this case, it
is well worthwhile to have a technician check the machine to verify this.
Sometimes, the base of your agitator can strip out, especially from
overloading. In such a case, the splines are damaged inside the agitator,
and can be seen after the agitator is removed.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Dumas wrote:
My top load washing machine will fill, rinse, spin and drain but won't
agitate Any ideas what may be wrong? We looked on the bottom of the
machine and both belts look intact. We do smell a bad burning odor
when the machine is set to agitate.
thanks for any help
Cindy
Trussville AL

Sure it does. It's got you agitated. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit