Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My stained bathtub is giving me nightmares

Hello all. I was hoping for some guidance with a problem of mine....

The bathtub in my apartment is quite old. In fact, I'm sure it hasn't
been replaced since this building was built (sometime in the '70's
would be my guess). The bowl of the tub has become so stained over the
years that it's now a bright yellow, and has completely lost it's
glossy appearance.

I have tried all kinds of cleaning products, as well as having
bleached it repeatedly, all of which had zero effect. The
superintendent of my building has made it perfectly clear that she
will not have the tub replaced, as it "works perfectly fine,
discoloration aside."

My question is this: would it be possible to refinish the bathtub in
some capacity? I was considering a spray-can finish of some sort, but
I was unsure of the correct prep work involved, among other things.

I really want to do something about this tub...even my toilet looks
cleaner than it.

Home Inspection Nightmares [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 16th 06 06:27 AM
looking for your SS countertop installation nightmares or gotchas yipyipyoho Home Repair 5 June 18th 06 02:28 PM
Keep giving to China Cliff Metalworking 0 July 27th 05 11:13 AM
Giving up DoN. Nichols Metalworking 2 August 24th 04 04:08 AM
Hardwood floor nightmares Benjamin Home Ownership 2 August 20th 04 02:33 AM