Posted to alt.home.repair
jwaterfield jwaterfield is offline

Default My stained bathtub is giving me nightmares

On Jun 11, 12:44 am, " wrote:
On Jun 10, 12:40?am, jwaterfield wrote:

Hello all. I was hoping for some guidance with a problem of mine....

Thebathtubinmyapartment is quite old. In fact, I'm sure it hasn't
been replaced since this building was built (sometime in the '70's
would bemyguess). The bowl of the tub has become sostainedover the
years that it's now a bright yellow, and has completely lost it's
glossy appearance.

I have tried all kinds of cleaning products, as well as having
bleached it repeatedly, all of which had zero effect. The
superintendent ofmybuilding has made it perfectly clear that she
will not have the tub replaced, as it "works perfectly fine,
discoloration aside."

Myquestion is this: would it be possible to refinish thebathtubin
some capacity? I was considering a spray-can finish of some sort, but
I was unsure of the correct prep work involved, among other things.

I really want to do something about this tub...evenmytoilet looks
cleaner than it.

There is a product I used called "ZAP". It worked immediately on the
stains inmytub, although the toilet which had rust stains took a
little elbow gease as well.

I don't remember where I got it, but here is a link I just found to
the website: http://www.zap-restorer.com/family.asp?fam_id=ZZTG- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I really appreciate it!

It sounds to me like there's no easy/cost effective way of going about
refinishing it. I suppose I could always keep trying out different
cleaners in the meantime, and think about heckling my superintendent
again.

Thanks again everyone!