Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default My stained bathtub is giving me nightmares

On Jun 10, 12:40?am, jwaterfield wrote:
Hello all. I was hoping for some guidance with a problem of mine....

The bathtub in my apartment is quite old. In fact, I'm sure it hasn't
been replaced since this building was built (sometime in the '70's
would be my guess). The bowl of the tub has become so stained over the
years that it's now a bright yellow, and has completely lost it's
glossy appearance.

I have tried all kinds of cleaning products, as well as having
bleached it repeatedly, all of which had zero effect. The
superintendent of my building has made it perfectly clear that she
will not have the tub replaced, as it "works perfectly fine,
discoloration aside."

My question is this: would it be possible to refinish the bathtub in
some capacity? I was considering a spray-can finish of some sort, but
I was unsure of the correct prep work involved, among other things.

I really want to do something about this tub...even my toilet looks
cleaner than it.

There is a product I used called "ZAP". It worked immediately on the
stains in my tub, although the toilet which had rust stains took a
little elbow gease as well.

I don't remember where I got it, but here is a link I just found to
the website: http://www.zap-restorer.com/family.asp?fam_id=ZZTG