Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge/Freezer door seals - do they wear out?

I can see that icing in the freezer is linked to air leakage past the top of
the door seal. As the seal contains a magnetic strip embedded in
plastic, I can't envisage what could possibly wear or age over time, which
makes me think it would be pointless replacing the seal; there are no moving
parts and I doubt the magnetic strip loses its effect over time.

So do these door seals lose their capacity to seal over time and, if so,
what is the mechanism of this ageing/wear process?

Thanks

Martin

Fridge freezer door seal repair advice please [email protected] UK diy 7 June 12th 07 11:31 AM
'Fridge seals Bob Minchin UK diy 6 August 28th 06 10:26 PM
fridge door seals Gordon UK diy 7 March 25th 06 09:26 PM
Do the seals on Low-E coated windows wear out quicker? jaynews Home Repair 1 February 21st 06 12:31 PM
Freezer Door seals Chris Melluish UK diy 2 July 9th 03 09:07 AM