Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Colored metal halide bulbs

Anyone seen one of these on:

http://www.lightbulbdepot.com/produc...01&prod=01054L

Its a blue light (actually clear white glass, pic is colored wrong),
but I don't know if its supposed to be vivid blue, or just a bluish
white color. Anyone know?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:10:13 -0000, dean
wrote:

Anyone seen one of these on:

http://www.lightbulbdepot.com/produc...01&prod=01054L

Its a blue light (actually clear white glass, pic is colored wrong),
but I don't know if its supposed to be vivid blue, or just a bluish
white color. Anyone know?

Maybe the picture is not wrong; if it is a reasonable representation
of what the consumer should see, or experience.

The site did say...

Additional Info: CLEAR - BLUE LIGHT OUTPUT
--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone seen one of these on:

http://www.lightbulbdepot.com/produc...01&prod=01054L

Its a blue light (actually clear white glass, pic is colored wrong),
but I don't know if its supposed to be vivid blue, or just a bluish
white color. Anyone know?

Maybe the picture is not wrong; if it is a reasonable representation
of what the consumer should see, or experience.

The site did say...

Additional Info: CLEAR - BLUE LIGHT OUTPUT
--
Oren

I know its wrong, but 'clear' usually means colorless when talking of
such things, which is really annoying. But you are right, I called
them and they said the glass is blue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Anyone seen one of these on:

http://www.lightbulbdepot.com/produc...01&prod=01054L

Its a blue light (actually clear white glass, pic is colored wrong),
but I don't know if its supposed to be vivid blue, or just a bluish
white color. Anyone know?

Maybe the picture is not wrong; if it is a reasonable representation
of what the consumer should see, or experience.

The site did say...

Additional Info: CLEAR - BLUE LIGHT OUTPUT
--
Oren

I know its wrong, but 'clear' usually means colorless when talking of
such things, which is really annoying. But you are right, I called
them and they said the glass is blue.

That sounds unusual to me...

There are colored metal halide lamps ("lightbulbs") that involve the
specific metal halides chosen to be ones that specialize in production of
colored light.

Green and blue ones do that fairly well, with halides of thallium and
indium respectively.

A major manufacturer of these is Iwasaki or "EYE".

http://www.eyelighting.com

- Don Klipstein )