Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Recommendations on Central A/C Units (Carrier, Lennox or Trane?)

I'm looking to have a central air conditioning unit installed for my
house and would appreciate some feedback between Trane, Lennox and
Carrier. My house is a 2200sq/ft bi-level, meaning that it does not
have a true basement. About half of my my lower level floor walls are
above ground, where as the typical basement walls are almost all below
ground level.

Most of the whole house A/C installation installation companies in my
town either carry Trane, Lennox or Carrier, and thought I'd seek some
opinions about the three in here first.

I guess what is more important to me would be finding out who
generally makes the most reliable central A/C units. I understand
that I should consider the SEER numbers when considering to purchase a
central A/C unit, but that will depend on the models available.

Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated since this will be
my first time ever purchasing a central A/C unit. Thanks for your
time and courtesy.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Jun 3, 5:19 pm, No Way wrote:
[...]

With comparably priced units don't think there's much to choose on the
units themselves -- I'd judge more on competent installation and
service.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 3, 6:19 pm, No Way wrote:
[...]

Those 3 manufacturers are very reputable. I don't see a problem with
any of them. More importantly you need a good contractor who knows his
stuff and can design and install a CAC in your house correctly.
In general, the return air system is crucial as this is how heat and
humidity is removed from your living area. Regardless of how many air
supply ducts in your ceiling, if you don't have a good return duct
system,your house will not be cool properly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 20:52:04 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:19:58 +0000, No Way wrote:

[...]

You can also look into Amana and York. And like another poster said,
quality installation and service are paramount and should be considered
equally as well.

Great, great, guys. Thanks for your timely replies. Really
appreciate it.