Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long does you Penofin stay nice looking?

How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in
NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2
years between coats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a deck made of western red cedar and I have been using Penofin
(red label cans). It goes about 4 years between re-coats. I live in
southeast Virginia, hot summers & mild winters. Steve

On 31 May 2007 16:53:56 -0700, dean wrote:

How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in
NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2
years between coats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in
NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2
years between coats.

I've gotten that from the mahogany furniture I have. Still looks very good
and still retaining natural color as I start the third summer with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 9:56 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

ups.com...

How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in
NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2
years between coats.

I've gotten that from the mahogany furniture I have. Still looks very good
and still retaining natural color as I start the third summer with it.

Steve, Edwin - did you double-coat each time, or is this a single coat?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dean" wrote in message

Steve, Edwin - did you double-coat each time, or is this a single coat?

I had plenty of oil left so I did slap a second coat on the top surfaces. I
don't know if it helped but it certainly can't hurt.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

On May 31, 3:53 pm, dean wrote:
How many years does Penofin stay looking brown, on a deck? I live in
NJ with its fair share of rain and baking sun. The manufacturer says 2
years between coats.

I used it on my last deck. It looked good for two years and started to
look faded the next summer so I re-coated it, but it wasn't bad and I
could have gone another year. This deck is in Portland and had full
sun exposure and a lot of rain.
I had this deck for 20 years and have used 3 or 4 different stains
that claimed different longevities. but they all seemed to last a good
two years no matter what it said on the label. BTW I did like Penofil
the best.