Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot tub electric continued

So here is what I've done so far. Ran 6 gauge THHN through 1.5"
conduit buried 18" deep. This wire runs out to approximately 5 feet
from where the hot tub should be placed. It runs into a 50 amp GFI
spa pack mounted about 3 feet off the ground on a treated post. My
first two questions pertain to this spa pack.

1. Does neutral get bonded to ground in the spa pack? (I dont think
so but just wanted to confirm)
2. Should I install a ground rod at the spa pack? (Once again I
dont think so but just wanted to confirm)

My next questions pertain to the other end of the wire. I
drilled a 2" hole in my cinder block wall about 5 feet from the main
panel. Through this hole I ran my 1.5" conduit which extends about 1"
into my basement and the wires are now just hanging there.

1. What is the proper way to run THHN into panel?
2. Can I transition from 1.5" conduit to 1" lighttite?
3. If so what are the names of the parts I need to do that?
4. Is it acceptable to run a 50 amp GFI spa pack off a 60 amp
breaker in the main panel?

Thanks all
Rod M.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

The only thing I'd add to gfretwell's reply, is to be sure the wire also
says "THWN"

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

hot tub electric [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 28th 07 05:06 AM
Electric shower Galxy GS8000S - have to turn temperature control up to hot, hot Clive UK diy 2 December 28th 05 08:50 AM
Heating Hot Tub using household hot water. Bob Home Repair 7 July 19th 05 11:34 AM
Hot Tub Slab Marcy Home Repair 1 June 24th 05 10:58 AM
Hot Tub Jessica W Home Repair 9 August 19th 04 03:49 AM