Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Faucet Handle ?

Hi,

I have a compression-type faucet, which leaks at the spout.

To start, I removed the hot water faucet, but the cold water faucet won't
budge. It will turn on the cold water, but I can't take the faucet off.

Someone suggested a Faucet Handle pull. I tried this without results.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I need to have both faucets removed
before I can take out the base.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

I have a compression-type faucet, which leaks at the spout.

To start, I removed the hot water faucet, but the cold water faucet won't
budge. It will turn on the cold water, but I can't take the faucet off.

Someone suggested a Faucet Handle pull. I tried this without results.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I need to have both faucets removed
before I can take out the base.

If you're not going to reuse the faucet set, then just try heating that
obstinate handle with a propane torch and wiggling/pulling on it with a
potholder or oven mitt. Stand by with a can of cold water to splash onto
and cool down the stem area as soon as the handle come off.

There's a good chance the handle will come off without ruining the
faucet beyond maybe needing some new packing and a seal washer.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 30 May 2007 17:49:58 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a compression-type faucet, which leaks at the spout.

To start, I removed the hot water faucet, but the cold water faucet won't
budge. It will turn on the cold water, but I can't take the faucet off.

Someone suggested a Faucet Handle pull. I tried this without results.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I need to have both faucets removed
before I can take out the base.

Are you sure that you have to take out the base, or either faucet? I
wouldn't think so. Let us know what happens.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...rCompFauc.html

http://www.repair-home.com/Compression_Faucets