Posted to alt.home.repair

Default air conditioner

I have a small portable air conditioner which I only use once in awhile
instead of putting it outside the window of the room can I just put it
in the room at the window?
TIA,,
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sure!

What are you trying to accomplish?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: I have a small portable air conditioner which I only use once
in awhile
: instead of putting it outside the window of the room can I
just put it
: in the room at the window?
: TIA,,
: Frank
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

h wrote in message ...

Also, you'll end up with a huge pool of water on the floor.

Why? If level, the water will evaporate. Window ACs should not drip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" writes:

Why? If level, the water will evaporate. Window ACs should not drip.

It depends on the humidity indoors. I've had a couple of window units
in which the condensate gets splashed on the the condenser by the fan.
Most of the time, it evaporates from the condenser without dripping.

But when it's really humid indoors, there is so much condensate per hour
that some of it ends up dripping from the outside end of the unit.

Dave

air conditioner neg Home Repair 2 January 7th 07 10:36 PM
Air Conditioner! [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 30th 06 02:57 AM
air conditioner leonard bailey Home Repair 5 April 15th 06 02:25 AM
Air conditioner blows slightly cool air outside and not very coolinside M Osborne Home Repair 5 September 9th 05 05:18 PM
Attic Split System Air Conditioner Question: Outside Air From ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 April 24th 05 05:16 PM