Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small engine carburettor

This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer)
now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from
storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial
use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed
stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor.
Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting
check lists?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 8:33 pm, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:
This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer)
now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from
storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial
use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed
stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor.
Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting
check lists?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

oil mixture is wrong or spark plug fouled pull plug clean and sea if
spark when cranked over good luck!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer)
now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from
storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial
use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed
stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor.
Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting
check lists?

wrote in message
oups.com...

oil mixture is wrong or spark plug fouled pull plug clean and sea if
spark when cranked over good luck!

Thanks for advice. I put in a new spark plug last week
(and changed the carb diaphragm yesterday.) That is
why I asked for a steer to subtler troube-shooting.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 7:33 pm, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:
This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer)
now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from
storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial
use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed
stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor.
Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting
check lists?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Try this...bottom each needle valve moving 1/4 turn at-a-time, and
note the number of turns for each. Use this as a reference for re-
adjusting later. Remove both valves and spray WD-40 with a tube into
each.
This should clean the venturis. If you mess-up the valve adjustments,
bottom them (lightly) and back them out 1 1/4 turns each. It should
run from this point, but may need fine tuning.
This is known as "a Polish Tune-up".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Make that 1 to 1 1/8 turns on that back-out. (It's been awhile since I
did it, and I am advanced in age, so beware! ; )

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
This season the Sears weed whacker (strimmer)
now fails to run. (It started OK when taken from
storage and ran OK for less than an hour's initial
use.) I changed the diaphragm which was indeed
stiff (3 years old) but now cannot start the motor.
Is there a web site with useful trouble-shooting
check lists?

http://www.small-engines.com/
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lmfaq.htm

Bob