Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Spraying house paint, cheap?

Looking for a cheap way to paint a wood shed without rollers or brushes.

Looking at Harbor Freight's offerings I see this for $20:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43760

But when I checked with my local paint shop where I'm buying the paint and
I'm told that such a setup is good for oil-based paints but not for latex
(which is too "granular", apparently).

I looked at the airless sprayers, but $200-500 for a one-time tool is more
than I want to spend.

Is it true that the above sprayer won't work with latex house paint (a
primer/sealer and a flat finish coat)?

Other ideas?

I have gobs of air pressure and volume available.

The appearance of the finish isn't important; I'm the only one who'll see it.

Thanks,

Paint spraying woodwork? [email protected] UK diy 4 July 17th 06 10:31 PM
Paint: Spraying vs. Rolling RevDon Home Repair 2 June 14th 06 03:14 AM
Can you mix primer/sealer and paint (exterior house paint)? TC Home Repair 11 March 9th 06 04:47 PM
Cheap paint Woodworking 4 February 7th 05 11:31 PM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM