Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foundation adhesive question....

Folks,

I'm putting a french drain into the ground in front of my house in an
effort to direct rain/snow melt away from my basement....it will be no
more than 2 feet down....

The entire assembly (stone, pvc pipe, etc...)will sit in a piece of 6
Mil plastic sheeting that will force all water away from the house and
into the PVC....

the plastic will be attached to the foundation of the house, and then
filled with rocks.

I am looking for any suggestions as to what I can use as an adhesive
to glue the edge of the plastic to the outside of the foundation of
the house....it has to be a weatherproof/waterproof bond that will
continue to hold the plastic to the house for many decades, if
possible.

(just to clarify, the plastic will be attached to the house, and then
scoop under the entire french drain assembly - so from the bottom up,
it will be: Plastic, stone, PVC stone, landscape fabric, stone.)

Any suggestions for a good material would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks,

Todd

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd" wrote in message

I am looking for any suggestions as to what I can use as an adhesive
to glue the edge of the plastic to the outside of the foundation of
the house....it has to be a weatherproof/waterproof bond that will
continue to hold the plastic to the house for many decades, if
possible.

I don't know if that is the normal way to make that type of setup. Are you
talking about gluing the poly sheeting? That does not take any adhesive
very well. If it is some other material, I'd try either epoxy or the
polyurethane adhesive in the cartridge that fits a caulking gun.
Personally, I'd consider some sort of mechanical fastening by putting a
nailer over the sheeting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 May 2007 19:55:15 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

My suggestion is for you to check the replies to the exact same question
you posted here yesterday.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

the other English teams put together :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 5:20?am, Aardvark wrote:
[...]

the other English teams put together :-)- Hide quoted text -

its highly likely your basement will still have water troubles even
after you have done this, and no matter what the sheeting will not
last forever.

your better off installing a interior french drain with sump pump.

halfway fixes tend to be a waste of time and effort.

the water your getting in your basement is likely coming from
everywhere not just this limited area

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 25, 10:20?am, Aardvark wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2007 04:32:13 -0700, wrote:
its highly likely your basement will still have water troubles even
after you have done this, and no matter what the sheeting will not last
forever.

I don't have a basement. Perhaps you should have posted your reply to the
OP :-)

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

the other English teams put together :-)

it was really intended for the OP