Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remove plaster stuck to basement floor

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my basement.
Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square feet. The
contractor was not careful and plaster stained the painted basement
floor in this area. One of the builder's employees scrubbed on it for
a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy Bam etc..., but there are still
essentially flat stains all over this area. Is there some kind of
solvent or cleaner that will allow me to remove these stains? Thanks.

RL

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

A mild acid may release the remaining plaster. Are you sure it is plaster
and not drywall compound? If it is drywall compound you may just need more
scrubbing, I don't think the acid will help much. Whatever it is, you will
have to repaint the floor, as all the scrubbing will have changed the
texture and any materials in the pores of the concrete may never come out.

"Klein-4" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my basement.
Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square feet. The
contractor was not careful and plaster stained the painted basement
floor in this area. One of the builder's employees scrubbed on it for
a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy Bam etc..., but there are still
essentially flat stains all over this area. Is there some kind of
solvent or cleaner that will allow me to remove these stains? Thanks.

RL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 24, 11:11 am, "EXT" wrote:
A mild acid may release the remaining plaster. Are you sure it is plaster
and not drywall compound? If it is drywall compound you may just need more
scrubbing, I don't think the acid will help much. Whatever it is, you will
have to repaint the floor, as all the scrubbing will have changed the
texture and any materials in the pores of the concrete may never come out.

"Klein-4" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my basement.
Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square feet. The
contractor was not careful and plaster stained the painted basement
floor in this area. One of the builder's employees scrubbed on it for
a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy Bam etc..., but there are still
essentially flat stains all over this area. Is there some kind of
solvent or cleaner that will allow me to remove these stains? Thanks.

RL- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. The contractor said it was plaster and it does appear to be.
I will probably try the mild acid approach after some more scrubbing
and see what happens...

RL

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, Klein-4 wrote:

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my basement.
Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square feet. The
contractor was not careful and plaster stained the painted basement
floor in this area. One of the builder's employees scrubbed on it for
a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy Bam etc..., but there are still
essentially flat stains all over this area. Is there some kind of
solvent or cleaner that will allow me to remove these stains?

Have you tried white vinegar?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Klein-4 wrote:
On May 24, 11:11 am, "EXT" wrote:
A mild acid may release the remaining plaster. Are you sure it is
plaster and not drywall compound? If it is drywall compound you
may just need more scrubbing, I don't think the acid will help
much. Whatever it is, you will have to repaint the floor, as all
the scrubbing will have changed the texture and any materials in
the pores of the concrete may never come out.

"Klein-4" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my
basement. Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square
feet. The contractor was not careful and plaster stained the
painted basement floor in this area. One of the builder's
employees scrubbed on it for a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy
Bam etc..., but there are still essentially flat stains all over
this area. Is there some kind of solvent or cleaner that will
allow me to remove these stains? Thanks.

RL- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. The contractor said it was plaster and it does appear to
be. I will probably try the mild acid approach after some more
scrubbing and see what happens...

You'll need more than a mild acid. Use a reasonable one for
sufficient time and no scrubbing will be necessary as the acid will
eat the gypsum (plaster). Repainting will be necessary.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 May 2007 09:56:57 -0700, Klein-4 wrote:

On May 24, 11:11 am, "EXT" wrote:
A mild acid may release the remaining plaster. Are you sure it is plaster
and not drywall compound? If it is drywall compound you may just need more
scrubbing, I don't think the acid will help much. Whatever it is, you will
have to repaint the floor, as all the scrubbing will have changed the
texture and any materials in the pores of the concrete may never come out.

I recommend scrubbing with a loaded paintbrush...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 24, 12:19 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article . com, Klein-4 wrote:

Hoping someone can help. Just had two bedrooms built in my basement.
Outside of the rooms there is an area about 16 square feet. The
contractor was not careful and plaster stained the painted basement
floor in this area. One of the builder's employees scrubbed on it for
a long time with Krud Krutter, Easy Bam etc..., but there are still
essentially flat stains all over this area. Is there some kind of
solvent or cleaner that will allow me to remove these stains?

Have you tried white vinegar?

--
Regards,

No, I'll put that on the list. Thanks.

RL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 24, 12:39 pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Klein-4 wrote:
On May 24, 11:11 am, "EXT" wrote:
A mild acid may release the remaining plaster. Are you sure it is
plaster and not drywall compound? If it is drywall compound you
may just need more scrubbing, I don't think the acid will help
much. Whatever it is, you will have to repaint the floor, as all
the scrubbing will have changed the texture and any materials in
the pores of the concrete may never come out.

"Klein-4" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I'll look into this also.