Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric baseboard heaters safe?

We're looking at a 1955 house with electric baseboard heating. We're
wondering how much distance we need to keep between the heaters and
furniture/curtains. Is it a few inches, or a couple of feet? The rooms
are small, so it makes a difference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're looking at a 1955 house with electric baseboard heating. We're
wondering how much distance we need to keep between the heaters and
furniture/curtains. Is it a few inches, or a couple of feet? The rooms
are small, so it makes a difference.

Inches. The do not get all that hot, but some common sense goes a long way
both for safety and for heating efficiency. You want good air flow. In
most places, electric heat is the most expensive form so be sure to consider
operating costs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 11:51 am, wrote:
We're looking at a 1955 house with electric baseboard heating. We're
wondering how much distance we need to keep between the heaters and
furniture/curtains. Is it a few inches, or a couple of feet? The rooms
are small, so it makes a difference.

My baseboard heaters are about 2 feet lower than the curtains. I
would try to keep furniture away from them as best as possible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd be more concerned with having a high load on crappy 1950's wiring
than anything else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They do spin the meter..

Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
They do spin the meter..

I'll say. Elec baseboard will take your money faster than a slot machine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"k" wrote in message
news

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
They do spin the meter..

I'll say. Elec baseboard will take your money faster than a slot machine.

Only if your losing.
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 22 May 2007 12:08:29 -0700, wrote:

I'd be more concerned with having a high load on crappy 1950's wiring
than anything else.

But it's been working fine that way since the 50's.

Electric Baseboard Heaters Scot Home Repair 1 October 28th 06 03:39 PM
Electric baseboard heaters Remi Home Repair 7 September 19th 06 02:53 AM
baseboard heaters in wood shop - safe? Charles Mulks Woodworking 13 August 6th 06 11:43 PM
Baseboard Heaters dnoyeB Home Repair 10 May 25th 06 09:16 PM
Replacing Thermosats for Intertherm Electric Hot Water Baseboard Heaters Mike Home Repair 6 January 12th 05 02:53 AM