Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric baseboard heaters safe?

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're looking at a 1955 house with electric baseboard heating. We're
wondering how much distance we need to keep between the heaters and
furniture/curtains. Is it a few inches, or a couple of feet? The rooms
are small, so it makes a difference.

Inches. The do not get all that hot, but some common sense goes a long way
both for safety and for heating efficiency. You want good air flow. In
most places, electric heat is the most expensive form so be sure to consider
operating costs.