Posted to alt.home.repair
JMK JMK is offline

Default external pool vacuum

We have recently moved into a house with a salt water pool. The pool
has an infinite edge feature, which pushes water over the edge of the
pool into a trough. This trough is connected to the mains so there is
filtration occurring there as well.

The problem is that this trough captures a lot of leaves and dirt,
since it is at patio level. Our soil here is clay, so there's not much
infiltration if it hasn't rained in a while and so the trough captures
even more dirt and leaves. The trough is 8 ½" wide, so leaf baskets
don't fit very well. We've used the filtration system vacuum, but the
filter basket fills up so quickly it's impossible to vacuum for any
length of time.

Recently I've seen something called the Pool Buster, which looks like
a Dust Buster for pools. That could work if it isn't bigger than the
trough width. Does anyone have one of these?

We had hired a flakey kid to come by and clean the pool, and he used a
leaf basket and a garden hose for the trough. That seemed to work but
I never got a chance to figure out what he did.

Thanks

JMK