Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool filter sand replacement

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman writes:

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

If you ask in a place that wants to sell you the sand
it's usually once a year.

Common sense and my own experience says every 3 or 4
years works just as well.

I don't know what cleaner gunk is but if you're using
it to clean the sand, you are wasting your time and
money.

Oh, also I'm in NJ, the pool gets used 4 months a year.
That could make a difference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Dan Espen wrote:

Kurt Ullman writes:

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

If you ask in a place that wants to sell you the sand
it's usually once a year.

Common sense and my own experience says every 3 or 4
years works just as well.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking

Oh, also I'm in NJ, the pool gets used 4 months a year.
That could make a difference.

I'm in Indiana so it is about the same.

Changing Sand in Your Sand Pool Filter Your Local Pool Guy Home Repair 6 September 18th 08 01:31 AM
Sand Pool Filter Recomendations? Scott Townsend Home Repair 0 May 6th 07 01:28 AM
Changing Sand in Your Sand Pool Filter Your Local Pool Guy Home Ownership 1 January 4th 07 03:51 PM
Sand Filter (Pool) PJ Home Repair 5 September 25th 05 06:36 PM
Which Sand filter? (inground pool) Brandon Home Repair 11 November 27th 03 09:36 AM