DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pool filter sand replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/201135-pool-filter-sand-replacement.html)

Kurt Ullman May 19th 07 02:14 PM

Pool filter sand replacement

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

Dan Espen May 19th 07 04:01 PM

Kurt Ullman writes:

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

If you ask in a place that wants to sell you the sand
it's usually once a year.

Common sense and my own experience says every 3 or 4
years works just as well.

I don't know what cleaner gunk is but if you're using
it to clean the sand, you are wasting your time and
money.

Oh, also I'm in NJ, the pool gets used 4 months a year.
That could make a difference.

Kurt Ullman May 19th 07 04:13 PM

Pool filter sand replacement

In article ,
Dan Espen wrote:

Kurt Ullman writes:

How often? We use the cleaner gunk twice a year.

If you ask in a place that wants to sell you the sand
it's usually once a year.

Common sense and my own experience says every 3 or 4
years works just as well.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking

Oh, also I'm in NJ, the pool gets used 4 months a year.
That could make a difference.

I'm in Indiana so it is about the same.