Posted to alt.home.repair
J J is offline

Default Old a/c unit, never used, still good?

I have been offered an old air conditioning unit by a relative. The
machine is a Sears window unit that is fifteen years old and has never
been out of the box. Only the top of the box has been opened but
nothing has been taken out. The box has been stored in one place with
top up. Will this machine work properly if I try and use it. I don't
know the model number. All I know if that it cost my relative about
$500 fifteen years ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers . . . J

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most likely, it's just fine. May take five to ten minutes of run
before it blows cold. The freon dissolves in the oil. Takes a
couple minutes to work loose.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"J" wrote in message
ups.com...
: I have been offered an old air conditioning unit by a relative.
The
: machine is a Sears window unit that is fifteen years old and
has never
: been out of the box. Only the top of the box has been opened
but
: nothing has been taken out. The box has been stored in one
place with
: top up. Will this machine work properly if I try and use it. I
don't
: know the model number. All I know if that it cost my relative
about
: $500 fifteen years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
:
: Cheers . . . J
:

Old a/c unit, never used, still good? J Home Repair 8 May 26th 07 05:06 PM
Contactor buzzing on condensor unit, was $128 replacement a good idea/price? jymusic Home Repair 9 May 21st 06 08:06 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good PrecisionMachinisT Home Repair 0 April 22nd 05 04:04 PM
believe I have good installer -- but which AC unit -- Trane vs Amana coloradotrout Home Repair 6 August 10th 03 09:34 PM