Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crestline or Traco patio doors ?

Hello,
I am planning to replace out wood patio doors with Vinyl ones. I
have whittled the choices to Crestline or Traco (I am not looking for
a pricey door). I have never heard of Traco, but am familiar with
Crestline that I see at our local Menards store. Both the windows say
they use tempered Low-E Argon filled glasses.

Any advice on which is a better brand to go with ?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Also check out Pella at Lowes and Andersen at Home Depot. They both have
cheap lines of those brands. Installation quality (proper flashing) is at
least as important as the quality of the door itself. If one of the brands
has built in nailing/flashing wings, I would favor that brand. Also I would
use the Pella tape sold at Lowes to tape the edges of any door frame to the
studs. Apply 2 sides first and then the top piece of tape so the water
drips out correctly and not under the side tapes. Visit Pella site and
download instructions to see how to do a quality install.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I am planning to replace out wood patio doors with Vinyl ones. I
have whittled the choices to Crestline or Traco (I am not looking for
a pricey door). I have never heard of Traco, but am familiar with
Crestline that I see at our local Menards store. Both the windows say
they use tempered Low-E Argon filled glasses.

Any advice on which is a better brand to go with ?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 5:29 pm, wrote:
Hello,
I am planning to replace out wood patio doors with Vinyl ones. I
have whittled the choices to Crestline or Traco (I am not looking for
a pricey door). I have never heard of Traco, but am familiar with
Crestline that I see at our local Menards store. Both the windows say
they use tempered Low-E Argon filled glasses.

Any advice on which is a better brand to go with ?

Thanks

Look at certified ratings for performance, air infiltration, U and R
value, SHG, CDF are a few you need to know. Once you understand them
you will see why Andersons and Pellas etc are a good buy. You loose
alot of energy through sliders

patio doors tolbiny Home Repair 0 October 17th 06 01:36 PM
Patio Doors tolbiny Home Repair 2 September 14th 06 02:56 PM
Patio Doors Arnold H. Hollander Home Repair 7 April 1st 05 11:46 PM
patio doors mikey mike UK diy 3 July 6th 04 10:11 AM
Patio doors Phil UK diy 2 March 30th 04 03:02 PM