Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall Hung Toilets

I am remodeling a very small bath room next to the pool, and therefore I
want to do something that takes up as little space as possible. There will
be a walk in shower, a sink and a toilet.

I am thinking of using a wall hung sink and a wall hung toilet, this way the
foot print is minimize (even eliminated) and will look cleaner.

I think the wall hung toilet will work, I just need to frame a 4x6 behind
the wall at the location where I intend to mount it and it should work.

I am worried about the wall hung toilet - I have rarely seen it in
residential applications, I know part of the waste line has to be inside the
wall, and since the wall is all exposed now I can do whatever I need to. I
assume I need to also move the drain opening from the floor to directly
under the wall, but what do I need to do to ensure it does not fall out
after some time? If a 300 pound man sits on it and strain...will it fall
out?

What is the strongest way to secure it? There seem to be a practical limit
on how secure it really could be if the mounting surface is ceramic...it
seems.

MC