Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall Hung Toilets

On May 13, 12:29�pm, "aemeijers" wrote:
"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

On Sun, 13 May 2007 03:19:00 GMT, "aemeijers" wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 13 May 2007 01:15:43 GMT, "aemeijers" wrote:

Huh. They still make residential wall-hung? I haven't seen one installed
since the late 60s. It does make keeping floor clean easier, but IIRC,
they
did clog easier for some reason.

At work, they replaced a commercial wall-hung with a floor mounted (but
still wall-draining) stainless steel bowl unit, to accomodate a 375+
dude
that kept tearing out the wall anchors on the regular units. *(expansion
anchors into hollow clay wall brick, vintage 1930? or so.)

aem sends...

I have no idea what you are on about. ZERO clogging problems. Why would
there be
any? It has all the same tank and fittings as any other toilet. They
tank
is
just hidden inside the wall. The mechanics are essentially identical to
any
other *toilet.

Commercial wall-hungs, in general modern use in north america, do not have
tanks- they depend on higher volume, higher water pressure lines in
commercial buildings. A tank hidden in wall would be an upkeep nightmare.

I've been patiently waiting for that nightmare for almost 50 years. When
should
I expect it?

Out of curiosity, what part of country are you in? Here in midwest flyover
country, I have never seen a tank-in-wall in a residential application,
and I grew up in the residential/apartment construction business. I have
seen, easily, over a thousand bathrooms put in, from rough framing through
working the punch list before handing over the keys.

I'm glad that your 1960-vintage has held up for you, but I'd say you are
probably the exception that proves the rule, and you must have decent
quality water that that doesn't rot or gunk up the in-tank parts. In my
experience, any house with kids, especially teenage females, probably WILL
need the WC pulled apart at least once, due to how they treat them. And
little kids should never have toys small enough to go down the hole....

aem sends....- Hide quoted text -

I have NEVER EVER seen one in a regular home around pittsburgh ever. I
am 50 so they arent common here.

how much space will it save