Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ANTS !!!!!

What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety NJ ants.

We get them every spring in our kitchen for a couple weeks then they are
gone, I am trying to control the situation until then.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,dfw.singles,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk

Postal68 Thou idle fickle-changeling. Thou
pernicious wrangling knave. Ye asserted:

What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety
NJ ants.

DAEV hillstrom's rotting corpse.

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Official Member:
Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
Usenet Ruiner Lits
Top Assholes on the Net Lits
Most hated usenetizens of all time Lits
#2 Cog in the Usenet Hate Machine Lits
"Now I know what it is. Now I know what it means when an
alt.usenet.kook x-post shows up."
AOK in

Labra lege.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in message

What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety NJ

ants.

The cheapest solution, usually effective, is to leave
in the ants' path tiny drops of a mixture of powdered
borax and sugar water.
1. Eaten by ants, this blocks their insides and
they die.
2. Before eating this, the ants transport it back
to the nest to share with the community.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Postal68" wrote:
What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety NJ ants.

We get them every spring in our kitchen for a couple weeks then they are
gone, I am trying to control the situation until then.

We had a terrible problem with ants in our kitchen until I started using Amdro
Ant-Block. I set out the bait about seven weeks ago. The instructions say
it may take up to a week to see an effect. Three days later the ants
disappeared and have not returned.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Postal68 wrote:
What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety NJ ants.

We get them every spring in our kitchen for a couple weeks then they are
gone, I am trying to control the situation until then.

My wife uses Ortho Bug B Gone every Spring. It a granular insect killer
with it's own sprinkler head. She spreads it in a 4' swath around the
foundation of the house in the Spring. Since she has been using it, we
have had no crawling bugs in the house. It comes in a 3.5 lb large green
container available at most garden stores or garden section of the big
box stores, which is enough to spread around an average house.
Ladybugs are a different story. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message
Postal68 wrote:
What are some of the best remedies for your everyday garden variety NJ
ants.

We get them every spring in our kitchen for a couple weeks then they are
gone, I am trying to control the situation until then.

My wife uses Ortho Bug B Gone every Spring. It a granular insect killer
with it's own sprinkler head. She spreads it in a 4' swath around the
foundation of the house in the Spring. Since she has been using it, we
have had no crawling bugs in the house. It comes in a 3.5 lb large green
container available at most garden stores or garden section of the big box
stores, which is enough to spread around an average house.
Ladybugs are a different story. :-)

Terro Ant Killer. I just put a few drops on one of those useless plastic
"bait station" things from the supermarket. Ants take it home, kill off the
hive, no ants in about 2 weeks. It's a beautiful thing. In upstate NY, the
only place I can find Terro is in the hardware store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i too use terro and it really works. outside i mix boric acid
(walmart) with pancake syrup to put around the big hills. after baiting
during the month of may , i spray the foundation and yard with a double
dose malathyon to keep new invaders out. dont bait and spray at the
same time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Liquid ant bait from www.gardensalive.com

Worked for me.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:

Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 04:13 AM
ants Wayne Langille Home Repair 5 May 24th 06 05:05 PM
Ants DS Home Repair 10 July 30th 05 01:36 AM
Ants The other Mike Home Repair 20 April 28th 05 11:30 PM
Ants G.W. Walker UK diy 65 May 7th 04 11:18 PM