Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I create an opening for a wall A/C unit?

I want to install a small wall A/C unit in a bedroom of my condo. The
other side of the wall I will install the unit in is a storage room
with no drywall. The studs are spaced 16" apart and the A/C unit is
17-18" wide. I am handy with saws, etc. I just don't know how to
create the opening without compromising the strength of the wall. Are
there any tutorials or pictures on how this should look? Thanks.

Wall opening 51 UK diy 5 November 23rd 06 08:06 PM
maximum opening in a stud wall allpurpose Home Repair 3 August 16th 06 12:56 AM
Reinforcing opening in supporting wall - who is right? Mara UK diy 8 November 17th 05 11:00 AM
cutting opening in block wall macon UK diy 5 March 2nd 05 11:24 AM
opening in brick wall Mftriola Home Repair 1 May 29th 04 05:02 PM