Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Drain tile

I have replacing the drain tile in my basement. The new pipes I bought are
4 inches by ten feet long grey PVC with holes on the side every six inches.
The holes are not exactly in the center of the pipe, but are closer to the
bottom on one side My question is, which way does the pipe go in, with the
holes closer to the ground or with the holes more upward?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dale Klaves wrote:
I have replacing the drain tile in my basement. The new pipes I bought are
4 inches by ten feet long grey PVC with holes on the side every six inches.
The holes are not exactly in the center of the pipe, but are closer to the
bottom on one side My question is, which way does the pipe go in, with the
holes closer to the ground or with the holes more upward?

Holes down. If the water's coming up, it will go into the holes. Putting
the holes on top means the water has to get to the top before it gets
into the holes.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 May 2007 11:39:51 -0500, "Dale Klaves"
wrote:

I have replacing the drain tile in my basement. The new pipes I bought are
4 inches by ten feet long grey PVC with holes on the side every six inches.
The holes are not exactly in the center of the pipe, but are closer to the
bottom on one side My question is, which way does the pipe go in, with the
holes closer to the ground or with the holes more upward?

When I was looking at putting in a french drain, I was told to have
the holes as low as possible. This way water gets into the piping
fast, since that is its pupose.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com