Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default flaky fluorescent light

I have an "U" shaped fluorescent light in my kitchen that may or may
not come on at the first flip of the switch. If you rapidly flip the
switch several times, then it will come on and stay on. It is the
only light on the circuit. I hadn't changed a thing on the circuit, so
it shouldn't be something I did. We changed the bulb and changed the
switch but it still did the same thing. I have another fluorescent
light exactly the same next to it (two lights in the kitchen) and it
works fine. Would the ballast be bad?

Thanks