Posted to alt.home.repair
Hec Hec is offline

Default Swallow well jet pump

Can I use a swallow well jet pump [1 hp Myers] in a 2" well 30-32ft
deep [ from the top of the casing to the top of the well's water
level] to replace a non sumersible deep well pump and still get decent
preasure to feed a small house? Any idea how many gallons per minute
if the above situation was to work at all?
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 May 2007 13:53:00 -0700, Hec wrote:

Can I use a swallow well jet pump [1 hp Myers] in a 2" well 30-32ft
deep [ from the top of the casing to the top of the well's water
level] to replace a non sumersible deep well pump and still get decent
preasure to feed a small house? Any idea how many gallons per minute
if the above situation was to work at all?
Thanks

Just look up the manual on the Myers site; it will have a table of
flow rate at different lifts. If it's truly just a shallow well pump,
not a convertible, I don't think it will lift more than about 26 feet.

Remember the water level will likely fall (temporarily) as you draw
water. Depending on the well and how much you draw, it may fall quite
a bit.

If you already have the pump, you may be able to get a deep well
conversion kit from Myers.

HTH,

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:53 pm, Hec wrote:
Can I use a swallow well jet pump [1 hp Myers] in a 2" well 30-32ft
deep [ from the top of the casing to the top of the well's water
level] to replace a non sumersible deep well pump and still get decent
preasure to feed a small house? Any idea how many gallons per minute
if the above situation was to work at all?
Thanks

No. max theoretical lift is somewhere around 32-33 ft (.46 psi/ft
divided into 14.6 psi (atmospheric pressure) and that is at sea
level. Due to pipe friction, pump inefficiency, etc. you can't get
that much. As Paul says, 26 ft is just about max for real life and
again if you get too much altitude, that decreases.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 4:53?pm, Hec wrote:
Can I use a swallow well jet pump [1 hp Myers] in a 2" well 30-32ft
deep [ from the top of the casing to the top of the well's water
level] to replace a non sumersible deep well pump and still get decent
preasure to feed a small house? Any idea how many gallons per minute
if the above situation was to work at all?
Thanks

no the max is 25 ft of lift you will need to use a packer jet assembly
in the well and install th packer head on the well and use a deep well
jet pump check with a local well company the pump and jet must be
matched for proper operation scott