Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rust in the hot water

We have a dual tank on demand water softner that has been checked and
is opperating correctly, But we continue to have rust in the hot
water. The wife says that if she drains the tank each time(let the
water run for at least 40 gal.) then she doesn't have the rust the
next time. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 5:52?am, bhamm4254 wrote:
We have a dual tank on demand water softner that has been checked and
is opperating correctly, But we continue to have rust in the hot
water. The wife says that if she drains the tank each time(let the
water run for at least 40 gal.) then she doesn't have the rust the
next time. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

have you tried draing some water from the hot water tank? often the
first sign of hot water tank failure is rusty hot water only........

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 May 2007 02:52:10 -0700, bhamm4254 wrote:

We have a dual tank on demand water softner that has been checked and
is opperating correctly, But we continue to have rust in the hot
water. The wife says that if she drains the tank each time(let the
water run for at least 40 gal.) then she doesn't have the rust the
next time. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/ - very informative site. We fixed a
rusty water situation by changing the anode rod.