Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need advice on a pool safety fence

With a new baby in the house, I'm putting up a pool safety fence. I'd
like to get the mesh removable kind, 5' high with a magna-latch gate.
I only need about 8 feet of fence laid down because there is a yard
wall already around the other three sides of the pool.

There seem to be many companies that make what is basically the same
fence. Is there any real difference between the fences, or any
features I should look for? Someone told me I should look for one
with a wire running through the top to prevent sagging, but I don't
see any companies that offer that feature.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 1, 4:31 pm, HamNCheese wrote:
With a new baby in the house, I'm putting up a pool safety fence. I'd
like to get the mesh removable kind, 5' high with a magna-latch gate.
I only need about 8 feet of fence laid down because there is a yard
wall already around the other three sides of the pool.

There seem to be many companies that make what is basically the same
fence. Is there any real difference between the fences, or any
features I should look for? Someone told me I should look for one
with a wire running through the top to prevent sagging, but I don't
see any companies that offer that feature.

Look for a company that has been around the longest. Do a drive-by on
the adress they give to see what they look like. Ask to see examples
of their previous work and references . Referenced and such can be
faked but ask anyway. Ask if yu can vist a current jobsite.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:31:11 -0700, HamNCheese
wrote:

With a new baby in the house, I'm putting up a pool safety fence. I'd
like to get the mesh removable kind, 5' high with a magna-latch gate.
I only need about 8 feet of fence laid down because there is a yard
wall already around the other three sides of the pool.

There seem to be many companies that make what is basically the same
fence. Is there any real difference between the fences, or any
features I should look for? Someone told me I should look for one
with a wire running through the top to prevent sagging, but I don't
see any companies that offer that feature.

With any contractor, I like to get examples of past work. I ask for
customers I can call, and then ask if I can visit.

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com