Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chlorine tablets not disolving

I have an in-line 3 inch chlorine tablet erosions dispenser for my pool.
Last spring I had a problem, in that the tablets were not dissolving. I
usually have to fill the dispenser once a week, but after two or three weeks
I just had to add 2 or 3 tablets. I purchased a different band of tablets
and system began working properly.

Now this year I am having the same problem with the brand that worked last
year and I have tired 2 other brands with the same results. I obtained a
floating dispenser and the tablets are not dissolving in it either. Even
putting them in the skimmer basket the tablets last several weeks.

I noticed some companies are advertising slow dissolving tablets. However,
with tablets in the floater, in the skimmer basket and in the dispenser my
chlorine level barely registers on my test kit. All my pool chemistry is
correct and I am now adding 2 gallons of liquid chlorine a week to keep the
algae under control.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Giganews wrote:
[...]

The inline chlorinators sometimes tend to clog so no water is flowing
over the tablets, and the water just sits there saturated with chlorine.

However if the tablets are not dissolving in the floater, then something
else is strange. Is the water really cold? In N. California, the pools
are unused from about November to April, and I find that the chlorine
use is way down because the tablets don't dissolve as fast in cold water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:59:44 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Giganews wrote:
[...]

I use the floater type dispenser with 3" tablets. My use goes way, way
up in the Summer. I live in the desert - triple digit temps.

Seems the tablets go on sale in the Fall, but mine are mostly used up
in the Summer. I do use less in the off season.

--
Oren

Pool chlorine tablets: How long are they "good" for when stored? [email protected] Home Repair 4 April 27th 17 02:35 AM
Dishwashing tablets mm Home Repair 31 December 17th 06 06:15 AM
Chlorine Alternative Doc Home Repair 3 November 17th 05 11:37 PM
Chlorine Alternative Doc Home Repair 0 September 17th 05 11:42 PM