Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Does Anyone Know What This Is?

Found this in a old barn.

I think it's a heater, when you turn it on it blows (powerfully)
lukewarm air from the three openings.

It could be broken so it's not blowing hot air, but if it is a heater,
what is the reservoir for?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002035-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002037-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002036-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002038.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current units:
http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401-p-156.html

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Posted to alt.home.repair

I tried to find out why yours says Selig on the motor housing, and
came up with this site:
http://www.artery.org/Selig-PioneerNeon.htm it actually made
some interesting reading.

I suspect Selig bought enough machines from Fogmaster (
http://www.fogmaster.com/tri-jet.html ) to have them house
branded, a bit like Craftsman.

Ron wrote:
Found this in a old barn.

I think it's a heater, when you turn it on it blows
(powerfully)
lukewarm air from the three openings.

It could be broken so it's not blowing hot air, but if it is a
heater,
what is the reservoir for?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002035-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002037-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002036-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002038.jpg

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current units:http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401...

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one of
these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill off
bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the conversation in
context.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:
Found this in a old barn.

I think it's a heater, when you turn it on it blows (powerfully)
lukewarm air from the three openings.

It could be broken so it's not blowing hot air, but if it is a heater,
what is the reservoir for?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002035-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002037-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...IM002036-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IM002038.jpg

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

It might also be intended to generate fog for theatrical productions. I seem
to remember Selig as a maker of stage lighting equipment but I am not sure.

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Apr 22, 10:21 pm, "DanG" wrote:
I tried to find out why yours says Selig on the motor housing, and
came up with this site:
http://www.artery.org/Selig-PioneerNeon.htm it actually made
some interesting reading.

I suspect Selig bought enough machines from Fogmaster (http://www.fogmaster.com/tri-jet.html) to have them house
branded, a bit like Craftsman.

Wow, that's it!

Guess a pawn shop needs to give me at least $100 for it...lol

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron,
I guess we are finished communicating. I do really resent your
arrogance in suggesting that I bottom post. I top post on purpose
and with full knowledge. I resent having to scroll through
page(s) of stuff to see that some bright, enlightened poster
followed some of the conventions, failed to snip anything, and
ended up saying, "yea, me too!" I am really hard pressed to
believe that anyone capable of operating a computer and
communicating at any other level feels the need to repeat the
previous conversation to be able to remember what the
conversation was about. I do not do it for telephone
conversations, personal letter writing, telegrams, or any other
communicating that I do. I really thought the information and
knowledge were much more important than any archaic outmoded
conventions from early dial up years and before. I'm sorry you
feel as you do, I will NOT change.
Here is the current Selig offering of the Fogmaster branded
sprayer with full explanation of how, when, and where it should be
used:
http://www.seligind.com/ProductCatalog/ProductMain.ASP?img=Products&searchTerms=fogger&CI D=22&productid=K303&ProductName=FOGGER%2C+FOGMASTE R+&img=
It should probably be noted they were quite common to used in a
dairy barn.

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current
units:http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401...

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one
of
these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill
off
bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the
conversation in
context.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current
units:http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401...

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one
of
these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill
off
bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the
conversation in
context.

Whoo hoo!

I guess she told you!

LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

http://www.seligind.com/ProductCatal...oducts&searchT
erms=fogger&CID=22&productid=K303&ProductName=FOGG ER%2C+FOGMASTER+&img=
It should probably be noted they were quite common to used in a
dairy barn.

You are taking what I wrote the wrong way.

Many ppl read these NG's and it's much easier for a "lurker" to follow the
conversation if the posts are bottom posted.

Plus the fact if someone Googles a topic they can read the entire
conversation w/o interruption.

I always "Google" a question before asking, and sometimes the posts don't
make sense because of top-posting.

I really appreciate your help! And this
http://www.fogmaster.com/tri-jet.html IS the exact fogger that I have.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

http://www.seligind.com/ProductCatal...roducts&search

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current
units:http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401...

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one
of
these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill
off
bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the
conversation in
context.

Whoo hoo!

I guess she told you!

LOL

Guess not if you read my response.......Are you a 2 yr old?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ron" wrote in message

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

The guy tried to help you, and told him how he had to do it!
Personally I think bottom posts are easier to follow, but the important
thing is not telling people what to do if you want their help.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:33:50 -0500, "Don Young"
wrote:

It might also be intended to generate fog for theatrical productions. I seem
to remember Selig as a maker of stage lighting equipment but I am not sure.

Maybe. It looked like floodlights to me, or footlights or something.
Maybe they used the same cases!

Don Young

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

You're right, he did help me, but wouldn't it be more helpful for everyone
if it was archived in the order that it was received/asked in?
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
''
'
'
'

'
'
''
'
'
'
''
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
"Toller" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

agreed. No need to scroll through weeks and weeks of stuff when you are
just clicking one reply after another. Top posting makes not just the best
sense, but the only sense.

--
Steve Barker

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote:
[...]

Remember the wars over the egg openers? I would top post but it just
takes too much time.LOL

Middle posting is fun too.

'
'
'

'
'
''
'
'
'
''
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
"Toller" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

sometimes i cant

news

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

decide where I want to post

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current
units:http://bugsource.com/cyclone_fogger.html

and here is one that looks to be your unit:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401...

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one
of
these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill
off
bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the
conversation in
context.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Dan,

Bottom posting is the custom in newsgroups. If you don't follow the
custom, people will advise you, as the poster did, in a nice way.
Just because other forms of communication do it the other way, does
not mean it carries over to here. If you go to the UK, and demand to
drive like you do in the US (and most other places), you will meet
with resistence.

As they say, when in Rome...

Hope this helps, being new to newsgroups is not always easy.

-Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

DanG wrote:

Ron,
I guess we are finished communicating. I do really resent your
arrogance in suggesting that I bottom post. I top post on purpose and
with full knowledge. I resent having to scroll through page(s) of
stuff to see that some bright, enlightened poster followed some of the
conventions, failed to snip anything, and ended up saying, "yea, me
too!" I am really hard pressed to believe that anyone capable of
operating a computer and communicating at any other level feels the need
to repeat the previous conversation to be able to remember what the
conversation was about. I do not do it for telephone conversations,
personal letter writing, telegrams, or any other communicating that I
do.

The difference is that those are all one to one methods of communication.
Usenet is one to many.

I really thought the information and knowledge were much more important
than any archaic outmoded conventions from early dial up years and
before. I'm sorry you feel as you do, I will NOT change.

I don't expect you to change, but if you haven't already seen this brief
web page perhaps you could spare a few moments to look at it. It explains,
even with some humor, the reasons why most experienced Usenet users prefer
to trim postings and then reply in line or bottom posting style.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html

--
Tony Sivori

Posted to alt.home.repair

Read new text. Scroll down if you can't remember the last
person's post.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:
: Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the
: conversation in
: context.
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't expect you to change, but if you haven't already seen this brief
web page perhaps you could spare a few moments to look at it. It explains,
even with some humor, the reasons why most experienced Usenet users prefer
to trim postings and then reply in line or bottom posting style.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wijnands/nnq/nquote.html

Yes trimming AND bottom posting is better, but if you're not going to
trim, top-posting makes it far less painful. Actually, for a lot of
posts, the best thing would probably be to stare at it for a while,
and then decide not to post at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim,

I'm sure not new to computers or newsgroups. My top posting is a
firm choice. I have always felt the custom was strange and
contrived and I, for one, decided to refuse. You decide for
yourself as you see fit.

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 9:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
[...]

Bet you're fun at the skating rink...;+}

-Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Then why quote the text all, because it's there bt default?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it makes much more sense.
post 1

post 2