Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Septic Tank Caved in

I recently discovered a small hole in my back yard filled with water,
I pushed a long stick into the hole and found that the hole was 4'
deep! My house is 60 years old and was hooked up to town sewerage I'm
guessing about 50 years ago. I have lived here for 30 years and had no
clue a to where the old septic tank was.
I know were it is now! The small hole ended up yo be a 5 foot diameter
hole with muddy water about 4ft deep. Good thing I found it before
some kid fell in.
This past weekend I filled the hole with rocks and bolders. The hole
is now about 6" deep. Shoud I add crushed stone before I add top soil?
Seems like if I add top soil over bolders it will seep down.

The people that were the previous owners weren't too bright. They
should have doen something about the old septic tank after they
disconnected it from the house.

septic tank question Tony Home Repair 5 September 14th 06 07:03 PM
Help - septic tank ( or not?) howardsend UK diy 23 March 16th 06 06:02 PM
Alternatives to a Septic Tank...?? Mike UK diy 18 December 21st 05 09:34 PM
pumping a septic tank Rich Home Ownership 5 September 2nd 05 01:40 AM
Septic tank replacement Ian Johnston UK diy 12 March 10th 05 10:39 AM