Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default plywood

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:44:10 -0400, cj wrote:

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

If it depends on anything, it depends on the details.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:44:10 -0400, cj wrote:

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

Apply a thin coat of woodworker's glue to both surfaces using a
small-nap roller. Put together on a flat surface and weigh down with
water jugs, weights, paint cans, etc. It will take the center portion
several days for the glue to cure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:44:10 -0400, cj wrote:

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

Apply a thin coat of woodworker's glue to both surfaces using a
small-nap roller. Put together on a flat surface and weigh down with
water jugs, weights, paint cans, etc. It will take the center portion
several days for the glue to cure.

Phisherman's method (minus the roller - I'm cheap) would be my choice as
well.
Liquid Nails is thick so if flatness is an issue you should steer away from
it. If
you just want it stuck and stuck NOW, it should fit the bill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

It will work, but I'd use wood glue. Liquid nails tends to be rather thick
so it may leave a slight gap around it. Or I'd only use screws if I thought
I'd want to take at apart at some point. That is how I made my workbench
and if the top ever gets too ratty, I'll just take it off and replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Titebond II poured on and spread with an old credit card should end up
in a smooth, thin surface. If memory serves it has about a 15 minute
open time allowing alignment. Pressure over entire sheet still an
issue.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:44:10 -0400, cj wrote:

greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

cj wrote:
greetings, i need to layer two sheets of 3/4 plywood together and i am
wondering wich type of adhesive to use{along with screws}. should i just
go with liquid nails or some other brand?
thanks, cj

thanks for the replies
cj