Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default furnace does not fire up

I have Hail gas furnace with electronic ignition and Honeywell
thermostat. 50% of time when the temperature drops to the fring level,
the thermostat shous "system on", while the furnace does not fire up.
Usually when this happens, temperature will continue to drop further
until I go down and turn the main switch off and back on. At this
point it fires up allright. Called service several time, they have no
patience to wait until it happens, replaces the gas valve - no result.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Roman

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 15, 9:56 pm, "romanigo" wrote:
I have Hail gas furnace with electronic ignition and Honeywell
thermostat. 50% of time when the temperature drops to the fring level,
the thermostat shous "system on", while the furnace does not fire up.
Usually when this happens, temperature will continue to drop further
until I go down and turn the main switch off and back on. At this
point it fires up allright. Called service several time, they have no
patience to wait until it happens, replaces the gas valve - no result.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Roman

First place many folks try is http://arnoldservice.com. Expert advice,
good parts prices. Another might be repairclinic.com. You may have a
spooky control board, so best of luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

In article . com,
"romanigo" wrote:

I have Hail gas furnace with electronic ignition and Honeywell
thermostat. 50% of time when the temperature drops to the fring level,
the thermostat shous "system on", while the furnace does not fire up.
Usually when this happens, temperature will continue to drop further
until I go down and turn the main switch off and back on. At this
point it fires up allright. Called service several time, they have no
patience to wait until it happens, replaces the gas valve - no result.

You probably have a weak thermocouple. You can get them at
Home Depot, but since you seem to be a newby on this, I think
you should get a pro to check it out.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications