Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ICI an Porter Paints

Does anybody have any comments on the following exterior house paints?

ICI Paints Dulux Fortis

Porter Paints Acri-Shield

I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area, and was getting estimates for a
house painting job.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 15, 8:16 pm, Doug wrote:
Does anybody have any comments on the following exterior house paints?

ICI Paints Dulux Fortis

Porter Paints Acri-Shield

I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area, and was getting estimates for a
house painting job.

Thanks

Do an archive search here on best house paints. And Consumer Reports,
too. There are some pretty poor products out there and most painters
don't care much beyond what goes on fast and looks good so they can
get on to the next job. They warranty their labor, not the paint, so
you should choose a long lived product based on more than hearsay.
HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

An acquaintance contracted with a painter, and she was to provide
whatever paint she wanted. She wanted "the best", got Porter. After
two coats to a small area, the painter pointed out that it needed a
third coat.
She went over to WalMart, got paint, and took the unopened cans
back to Porter, and got a very satisfactory paint job.
No endorsements expressed or implied, just telling the story.

On Apr 15, 9:16 pm, Doug wrote:
Does anybody have any comments on the following exterior house paints?

ICI Paints Dulux Fortis

Porter Paints Acri-Shield

I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area, and was getting estimates for a
house painting job.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 9:16 pm, Doug wrote:
Does anybody have any comments on the following exterior house paints?

ICI Paints Dulux Fortis

Porter Paints Acri-Shield

I live in the St. Louis, Missouri area, and was getting estimates for a
house painting job.

Thanks

ICI paints are pretty good. Very thick, heavy non-drip paints.

Just mho.

Brian

paints Steve B Metalworking 2 February 23rd 06 03:12 PM
plans for a Combi boiler ICI Caldaie Solar 2000 droodle UK diy 0 May 26th 05 08:07 AM
Exterior Paints Mark Downey UK diy 3 April 25th 05 04:36 PM
Leyland Paints? Jim S UK diy 13 July 14th 04 02:56 PM
PJ Paints Angela UK diy 1 December 22nd 03 04:59 PM