Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exterior Wood Patching ?

Hi,

Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can
use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad
section) in
a wooden patio door frame ?

Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course, and
to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can
use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad
section) in
a wooden patio door frame ?

Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course,
and
to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.

Thanks,
Bob

Last time I did this, I found at least two products at the hardware store,
labeled as "exterior patching compound". If I recall, one was made by DAP,
as you'd probably expect, since their name's on so many other products. Head
to the hardware store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:13:06 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can
use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad
section) in
a wooden patio door frame ?

Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course, and
to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.

Thanks,
Bob

I found my 'exterior' wood puddy, is weak. It swells when exposed to
moisture(rain, dew, etc). So I had to get it quickly covered with a
couple layers of paint. Might want to look for an epoxy based puddy,
like bondo , so it's truely exterior grade. imho.

Tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can
use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out the bad
section) in
a wooden patio door frame ?

Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of course, and
to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.

Thanks,
Bob

I found my 'exterior' wood puddy, is weak. It swells when exposed to
moisture(rain, dew, etc). So I had to get it quickly covered with a
couple layers of paint. Might want to look for an epoxy based puddy,
like bondo , so it's truely exterior grade. imho.

Tom @www.FreelancingProjects.com

You keep using the word "puddy" which is not in Funk & Wagnalls.

"Putty" is. Ain't spell-checkers wonderful?

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
| On Apr 9, 12:13 pm, Just Joshin wrote:
| On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 08:13:06 -0400, "Robert11"
| wrote:
|
| Hi,
|
| Other than Bondo, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can
| use to fill in a small amount of rotted wood (after cleaning out
the bad
| section) in
| a wooden patio door frame ?
|
| Would like it to be relatively easy to use, good for outddors of
course, and
| to set up totally hard so I can sand and paint over it.
|
| Thanks,
| Bob
|
| I found my 'exterior' wood puddy, is weak. It swells when exposed
| moisture(rain, dew, etc). So I had to get it quickly covered with a
| couple layers of paint. Might want to look for an epoxy based
puddy,
| like bondo , so it's truely exterior grade. imho.
|
| Tom @www.FreelancingProjects.com
|
| You keep using the word "puddy" which is not in Funk & Wagnalls.
|
| "Putty" is. Ain't spell-checkers wonderful?

but it is in "Warner Bros" dictionary.
I taught I taw a "puddy" tat.

to the OP
Elmers exterior wood fill works great.