Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For ANyone Using An XM Roady

Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Can't help you per se. There is alt.radio.satellite that you might
try, but that mostly has degenerated into XM vs Sirrius partisan
flamewars (think W vs Mac)
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 07:32:58 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here

Then put OT as the first two characters in your subject line so
A) people won't have to dl the body of the post to find out what you
already know.
B) so that filters to trap OT posts will work. Some people create
filters against OT posts, so they won't have to be bothered by them.

People who read via the web probably can't do any of these things and
don't know much about them, but most people read via Usenet.
Cooperate with them.

, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 8, 4:32 am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using anXMRoady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I never understood why anybody would pay a fee each month to listen to
radio.

I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and
not Donna Summer played to death.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Bob- Hide quoted text -

What do you expect from somebody that pays good money to listen to the
radio? He's obviously a moron.

Satellite radio is for poor and uneducated people.

For everybody else there's Ipods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Apr 2007 09:16:18 -0700, "Sitre Magana"
wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:32 am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using anXMRoady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I never understood why anybody would pay a fee each month to listen to
radio.

I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and
not Donna Summer played to death.

Exactly. And I don't subscribe to cable TV--it's expensive! It's a
total waste to pay for commercials. I get my news via free radio and
the Internet whenever I want and can focus on topics I want. I rent
DVDs and get high-definition pictures and quality sound. All the DVDs
I want and can ever watch for under $240 a year--compare that cost to
cable rip off. Cable programs eventually start repeating which is
boring. On occasion I watch PBS and that picks up high-definition
with just rabbit ears.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sitre Magana" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 8, 4:32 am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using anXMRoady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I never understood why anybody would pay a fee each month to listen to
radio.

Because it's well worth it. You've got dozens of stations that you can get
coast to coast and they actually play music pretty much all day as opposed
to the babbling idiocy of moronic DJ's or non-stop commercials. I hardly
even listen to regular radio anymore.

I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and
not Donna Summer played to death.

You can find what you want when you want on sat. radio too. The fact that
you think you would be 'Donna Summered' to death tells me you have probably
never tried it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

Because it's well worth it. You've got dozens of stations that you can get
coast to coast and they actually play music pretty much all day as opposed
to the babbling idiocy of moronic DJ's or non-stop commercials. I hardly
even listen to regular radio anymore.

And you don't have to looking for a new station every few hours on
cross country trip nor schlep a box full of CDs around.

I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and
not Donna Summer played to death.

You can find what you want when you want on sat. radio too. The fact that
you think you would be 'Donna Summered' to death tells me you have probably
never tried it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 11, 9:58 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

And you don't have to looking for a new station every few hours on
cross country trip nor schlep a box full of CDs around.

You don't have to schelp a box full of CDs around with an Ipod
either.

It's not like I'm going on cross country trips every day either. I
usually thump music at work or while I'm eating, and as far as I know,
It's a real bitch to get satellite radio indoors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 11, 7:58 am, "Steve" wrote:
"

Because it's well worth it. You've got dozens of stations that you can get
coast to coast and they actually play music pretty much all day as opposed
to the babbling idiocy of moronic DJ's or non-stop commercials. I hardly
even listen to regular radio anymore.

Those dozens of stations just really play the same 300 burnt out songs
of the genre day in and day out.

Where's Howard Stern now? Oh, he's on Sirius now. Just like Cable TV
was supposed to be commercial free, they added them back in later.

You can find what you want when you want on sat. radio too. The fact that
you think you would be 'Donna Summered' to death tells me you have probably
never tried it.- Hide quoted text -

Never tried it and never will.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

with just rabbit ears. - Hide quoted text -

XM and Sirius are apparently in some pretty deep **** financially.
Half-a billion for Howard Stern, 50 Million for Oprah, Millions for
sports.
Now there are trying to merge and are concentrating on new car sales
and less on retail after a bad sales last Christmas. XM came out the
same
time that Apple unveiled their Ipods. To this day, the sales of Ipods
beat sales of Sat rad 9 fold. You would have to be really poor or dumb
to pay
a monthly fee to listen to the same songs and have no control over
what you listen to when you can just download your favorite songs and
personalize your playlist for free at much higher quality than what
these satellite provider can provide.

Cable TV was successful because it provided people more commercial-
free choices and better picture than rabbit ears in an era before VHS/
DVD.
Now if somebody came up with the concept of charging people 80-100
dollars a month to watch the same reruns of Law and Order and NYPD
Blue and
the same 50 censored movies with 50 percent commercials the idea would
be laughed at. Same Movies, Same Episodes, New commercials, new rate
increases.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
"Sitre Magana" wrote:

It's not like I'm going on cross country trips every day either. I
usually thump music at work or while I'm eating, and as far as I know,
It's a real bitch to get satellite radio indoors.

Depends on where indoors is. I have mine set-up in the office and
listen pretty much daily. The basement is another kettle o' fish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.

alt.radio.satellite
better yet, http://www.xm411.com/ or http://www.xmfan.com/

Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using an XM Roady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?

Maybe in the power cord but sometimes the connectors on them Roady's just go
bad.
Never heard of a fuse inside any plug and play unit.
Also, you might want to check out the fuse going to the cigarette lighter in
your car as sometimes these blow.

Or, a power reset somewhere ?

I don't recall seeing one.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

increases.- Hide quoted text -

**** YOU, YOU ****ING FAT JIZZBAG

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 10, 9:16 am, "Sitre Magana" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:32 am, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Realize this is a bit OT for the Group here, but couldn't seem to find a
specific group for this question.
Figure someone here might know, hopefully.

For anyone using anXMRoady in their car.:

Mine has stopped working, and the screen is totally blank.

Is there a fuse in these units ?
Or, a power reset somewhere ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

I never understood why anybody would pay a fee each month to listen to
radio.

I buy tapes instead, so I can listen to what I want, when I want, and
not Donna Summer played to death.- Hide quoted text -

BUZZSAW ON SIRIUS DOESN'T PLAY ANY DONNA SUMMER, YOU FAT ASS BUCKET OF
CUM.