Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water pressure

So.. my girlfriend and I are in bed the other night.. And at 11:30 a
public work truck pulls up to the house and proceeds to do all this
hammering for over an hour.. We paid it no mind because we thought
they were replacing a fallen street sign from a few weeks ago..
The next morning we leave the house and notice a steady stream of
water coming from under the water meter hole cover.. (note- the water
in the house was working fine at the time).. I lifted the cover and it
was completly filled with water.
The way that the covers are situated along the street, it looks like
there are two meters in each well (a cover right at the property lines
between each house as the row of homes continues up the street). we
suppose the neighbor had their water cut off..

So a call to the city about this resulted in an apparent fix when we
got home.. Then when we got in the house, a turn of the faucet results
in spits and sputters and brown water coming out.. The brown water
went away, but there is a definite reduction in water pressure.. The
worst is the bathroom sink upstairs not working.. just a trickle as
opposed to a spray of water..

What could have caused THIS? the pressure seems to be ok... but from a
healthy stream of water to a trickle in one sink in the entire house?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message

What could have caused THIS? the pressure seems to be ok... but from a
healthy stream of water to a trickle in one sink in the entire house?

Probably some crap in the pipe got through and is clogging the valve or
aerator.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

They were cleaning the pipes, I've seen them do that in my neighborhood on
occasion. It does produce a steady stream of ****ty water until all the
sediment gets flushed out. Ed suggested that your aerator is plugged -
probably right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Whenever you see a crew working on the water on your street, it's
a good idea to flush your pipe from the street by running water at
a faucet near to where the water comes into the house ( an outside
hose faucet is best) until the water runs clear. This will help flush the
crud out and prevent it coming into the house, water heater, etc.

Bob