mhugues

Default no water pressure. pressure won't hod.

i have a 90 ft well with a submersible pump in a gun club that is not
occupied very often. when we turn on the pump the pressure gage
immediatly goe to about 30lbs while the pump runs continuously. you
can then use the sink while only losing a few lbs. of pressure but it
will continue to operate. if you turn off the faucet and then turn off
the pum the gage will hold that 30 lbs. for days. if however you turn
on the water when the pump is off the pressur drops to zero within 2
seconds and you then have no water. we have approx a 20 gallon tank
but it does not appear to have any water in it. the bladder appears to
be holding 25-30 lbs of presuure as well. does this sound like a pump
issue or is my tank possibly water logged? we have many chiefs in this
gun club who all have an opinion bgut the bottom line is, the pump runs
continuously. any thoughts?

thanks, mike

I have owned several homes with wells and pumps.... this symptom is
very familiar and the usual result of a bad pressure tank bladder....
and a tempermental check valve on the line from the pump to the tank
and pressure switch.
electrticitym
..
..

Rheilly Phoull

One day mhugues got dressed and committed to text

[...]

The lack of "reserve" certainly sounds like a bladder problem. The best
practical method is to strip the tank and make sure. For the pump to run
continuously I would also check the operation of the pressure switch, one
problem source is a blocked restrictor or "pulsation damper" orifice in the
pressure switch. That can be examined by removing the switch and looking
into the connecting adaptor (REMEMBER disconnect the mains first).

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull