Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grundfos Pump Bearing

My recirculating pump [Grundfos UM25-18SU] ran dry [water main broke] and
the rear bearing failed. I can't seem to find replacements. Since a new
unit is $200+ I would have thought people might bother to repair and not
just replace.
Any sources?
Thank you.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Keiser" wrote in message
newsZadncwK5OQej4jbnZ2dnUVZ_tqnnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...
My recirculating pump [Grundfos UM25-18SU] ran dry [water main broke] and
the rear bearing failed. I can't seem to find replacements. Since a new
unit is $200+ I would have thought people might bother to repair and not
just replace.
Any sources?
Thank you.

Is it a ball bearing? If so, any bearing supply house or Grainger should
have them. Otherwise, have you tried contacting Grundfos?

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Keiser writes:

My recirculating pump [Grundfos UM25-18SU] ran dry [water main broke]
and the rear bearing failed. I can't seem to find replacements.

I expect you're looking for overpriced parts packaged for the item, instead
of the industry-standard parts that they almost certainly are.

Get a pair of calipers and you measure what the standard size is, and buy
them much cheaper from mscdirect.com, use-enco.com, mcmaster.com, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 5, 10:15 am, "John Keiser"
wrote:
My recirculating pump [Grundfos UM25-18SU] ran dry [water main broke] and
the rear bearing failed. I can't seem to find replacements. Since a new
unit is $200+ I would have thought people might bother to repair and not
just replace.
Any sources?

What Edwin and Richard said w/ the addition of pull the bad bearing
and take it with you to the bearing distributors so they can cross
it. If one is actually bad, I'd also suggest replacing the other
while you're at it.